Wednesday, April 8, 2009
So excited to receive an email from Bee of jugalbandi this morning. And the way she put the message across was so intriguing - saying something like "there 's something for you at jugalbandi. congrats!!! Wow, I was holding my breath.
When I was on that page, tick... tock... tick... tock.... could hear my heart pound. A few scrolls down I found my picture "Rich Chocolate Cupcakes" winning the third place of Click Spectra-the best capture and the first place for Click Delish-the most drool-worthy. Hmm awesome! I was stunned and ... happy.
And of course relieved too - my work was being recognized. Maybe this happened to every single blogger who won something for the first time. Sitting in front of my computer I felt so invigorated and totally restless: I wanted to do more, better, sooner.... maybe tonight, bake or cook, and shoot something great!
So this was what I did next...
FRIED CHICKEN AND PRAWNS IN LEMON SAUCE
Serves 3 persons
1. Fried Chicken and Prawns
- Egg white > 1
- Corn flour > 2 tablespoon
- Salt > 1/2 teaspoon
- White ground pepper > 1/8 teaspoon
- Chicken - cut into moderate chunks > 100 grams
- Big prawns - peel, devein, leave tail intact > 7
- Mix egg white, corn flour, salt, and pepper together.
- Fold chicken chunks and prawns into the starchy batter and combine to cover
- Preheat pan at high heat and fold in adequate flow of vegetable oil. Leave until pan is really hot.
- Carefully fry chicken chunks and prawns until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Drain to get rid of excessive oil.
2. Lemon Sauce
- Corn flour > 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice > 1 lemon
- Ginger - grate finely > 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - chop into matchsticks > 1/2 teaspoon
- Water > 250 ml
- Chicken essence powder > 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar > 3 tablespoons
- Spring onion - chop > 1 stalk
- Red chilly - remove seeds, slice lengthwise > 1
- Combine corn flour with a tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together, except corn flour, spring onion and chilly, in a saucepan.
- Cook until boiled. Add corn flour mixture and stir constantly until thick.
- Pour lemon sauce on top of fried chicken and prawns.
- Decorate with chilly slices and spring onion.
- Serve hot.