Friday, April 24, 2009
It is approaching weekend again. So excited! What would I be baking or cooking this weekend? I simply must say that I might go for something light and nutritious... considering the heat during this period in Thailand. It is time to be smart and take good care of our health, agree?
For those who are so used to eating out, why not cook something easy for yourself ... to break away from the routine and feel good at the same time. Do what I did last weekend: prepare Chinese Cabbage Soup with lots of carrots. Kids would love it too, I am sure...
CHINESE CABBAGE SOUP
Serves 4 persons
- Water > 2¼ liter
- Pork ribs > 300 grams
- Carrots – cut into moderate chunks > 250 grams
- Tomato – slice into quarter > 1
- Granulated sugar > 3 teaspoons
- Salt > 1¼ teaspoons
- Napa cabbage > 450 grams
- Coriander leaf > 1 stalk
- Boil water in the sauce pan.
- Toss in pork ribs and cook for half an hour. Remove the floating fat.
- Fold in carrot chunks and tomato slices.
- Add sugar and salt and continue cooking until carrots are soft.
- Finally put cabbage into boiling soup. Leave to cook until cabbage becomes slightly transparent.
- Place in serving bowl. Garnish with coriander.