Monday, July 20, 2009
Apparently holiday did make things clearer for me. After attending my nephew's wedding and spending a lot of time with my family members and friends, and contemplating about life while I was on my own, I finally figured out my relationship with C has come to the end.
My mind was trying to rationalize things and gave the relationsip more benefit of the doubt to go on, but my heart sailed to a very clear water settling for a breakup. "Be wise!" I told myself, "Follow what my heart desires cause in it lies the truth about love!".
A good friend disclosed her current involvement with someone whom she called "a soulmate" as "If 2 people are meant to be for each other, things will just flow smoothly!" I looked back into my relationship with C, I saw isolation... pain... difficulties.... where was the smoothness, if any?
Four and a half months down the road I saw light..... I without him!
GREEN BEAN SPAGHETTI
Serves 3 persons
- Spaghetti > 200 grams
- Water > 1.5 litres
- Salt > 1.5 teaspoon
- Olive oil > 4.5 tablespoons
- Garlic - chop > 6 cloves
- Big onion - chop > 1/2
- Green beans - cut into 5mm thick rounds > 100 grams
- Enokitake mushrooms - shred > 100 grams
- Green olive - halve > 8
- Parsley - chop > 15 grams
- Cheddar cheese - grate > 100 grams
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until spaghetti is slightly soft but still crunchy. Remove from fire and drain.
- Mix 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil into spaghetti to prevent it from sticking together.
- Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion with 3 tablespoons of olive oil until it is fragrant.
- Add green bean rounds and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Next, fold in enokitake mushrooms and green olive.
- When green bean is almost cooked, add spaghetti and parsley. Continue cooking for a short while.
- Toss in grated cheese and remove from fire.
- Serve hot.