Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Come to realize that decorating cupcakes is like an addiction. Once we do it, we will think about doing it again.. and again..... That limited circular area with diameter of 2 inches lures the inception of many colorful decorative ideas. Besides that top hot spot, we also have extra option to beautify the cup design. I like it...
So this will be my first cupcake decoration serie following my previous posting of Rich Chocolate Cupcakes in Chocolat et Café. Many more to come...
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH ROSE TUILLES AND YAM STICK
Makes 11 cupcakes
1. Chocolate Cupcakes
Prepare: 11 muffin paper cups (diameter 2 ¼ inch, height 2 ¼ inch) and a large baking tray
- All purpose flour > 120 grams
- Cocoa powder > 44 grams
- Baking powder > 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda > ½ teaspoon
- Salt > ¼ teaspoon
- Milk > 190 ml
- Vanilla essence > 1 teaspoon
- Butter – soften > 90 grams
- Granulated sugar > 187 grams
- Eggs > 2
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 11 muffin paper cups on the baking tray with adequate gap between one another.
- Mix all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift.
- Separately combine milk and vanilla essence.
- Place softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat at low speed until both ingredients are fully combined. Change to high speed and cream for 5 minutes.
- Change speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time.
- Adjust speed to low and add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture in a few additions. Continue to beat until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup until ¾ full.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cake turns out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Whipping cream > 300 ml
- Condensed milk > 2 tablespoons
- Beat whipping cream. Once it starts thickening add condensed milk.
- Continue beating until hard peaks form.
- Fill into piping bag with the star nozzle and pipe.