Sunday, May 24, 2009
Can't get enough of weekend! Today is another Monday Blues ... dragging myself to the office and traffic is always jammed somehow on a Monday morning. Must confess that I happily joined the whole world in groaning and grumbling about Monday, hesitating to let go of the lovely relaxing Sunday. But then again, there's nothing I can do about it, right?
Good to realize there are a couple of things to look forward to this week: the DMBLGIT May and a few interesting projects at the office. For this post, I like to share the recipe of broccoli salad... another experiment with broccoli. Enjoy!
BROCCOLI SALAD IN LEMON SAUCE
Serves 2 persons
1. Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli – separate stalk from flower, cut into moderate chunks, boil, drain > 240 grams
- Tomatoes - slice, halve > 1
- Cashewnuts – toast > 35 grams
- Black raisins > 2 tablespoons
- Combine all in a serving bowl.
2. Lemon Sauce
- Corn flour > 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice > 1 lemon
- Ginger - grate finely > 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - chop into matchsticks > 1/2 teaspoon
- Water > 250 ml
- Chicken essence powder > 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar > 3 tablespoons
- Combine corn flour with a tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook until boiled.
- Add corn flour mixture and stir constantly until thick.
- Leave to cool.
- White sesame - toast > 5 grams
- Mint leaves > 1 stalk
- Pour lemon sauce on top of broccoli salad.
- Sprinkle with white sesame and garnish with mint leaves.