Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, June 20, 2011

Macarons Learnt From The Queen



In between my time of decorating fondant cakes, I regularly manage to allocate some time to bake macarons or stumble into things related to them. And for that I need to update this blog regarding my meeting with the Queen of Macaron, Thip of Bonbini, recently in Bangkok.

It was a nice Wednesday morning when we arranged to meet at Heart Core Café run by Thip’s friend in Chaeng Wattana Road. And as everybody would have suspected, it was Thip’s kindest gesture to show a small group of friends how to bake macarons.



Thip was just so friendly and it was pleasant to meet her and her sister, Ba (middle in the photo) of Sawasdee Blog Culinaire. Had a great time chatting with both of them. Thip was very generous to share with us – like what she would normally do in her macaron classes – tips and technique of baking macaron. And for that special occasion, she had picked Italian meringue style to bake chocolate macarons with chocolate ganache filling.

During delicious lunch break which was also the time to leave the piped macarons form skin on the surface, I had ample great time to talk some more with Thip and Ba. The macaron session was finally wrapped up with a luscious tasting of chocolate macarons. Yummy! Soon I was back home, I just had to remake macarons learnt in Thip's session! And the result can be seen in these pictures...



“Thanks so much, Thip! I wish to see you again in San Francisco, and good luck to you for your future endeavors!” For those who are interested in learning macarons with Thip, do check out Bonbini!

21 comments:

  1. A lovely get together! Those macarons are beautiful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très réussis. Bravo!!!
    See soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome! And this blog is great! I love your pictures!!! They are just amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful, Kris. Thanks for you kindness to mention your readers about my class. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo, these are so perfect! gorgeous. i've only tried italian meringue style once, and let's just say, things did not turn out well! i will have to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those macarons look gorgeous Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauties, thank you for shareing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't made macarons, Kris. I must be the only one! I would love to take a class....must have been fun to take Thip's class.
    Your macarons are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lucky you are having a great friends around,Kris and learn from the queen. :) Happy Summer to you and T.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris, I think you should be teaching a class yourself! Your macaraons are gorgeous! Perhaps I can go to the class in San Francisco since it's only 5-6 hours away:) That's so great that you were able to be instructed by the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful shells and photography! I can almost taste one! Would you share the recipe with us?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful time, with beautiful macarons to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kris, what talented friends you have and thank you for sharing such beautiful and exquisite pastry! I am really learning from you too. Making macrons is an art by itself and you've done a masterpiece I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look stunning! I always prefer the macarons in Asia as they're less sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfection!

    Definitely on my "to do" list. I keep running into the same tips, aging the whites and letting them rest to form a crust! TOOE 5O KNO2. I want to make huge ones filled with fresh raspberries like I had in Paris. I posted those. Take a look and if you make them, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love meeting other bloggers and this sounds like a fun gathering (and useful too..:) Your macarons look gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look fantastic!! I'm in love with macarons, I think so is the rest of the world. Being able to make macarons is the greatest skill to have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is a very talented person. I was also fortunate to attend her class in SF, she was extremely helpful and generous with the advice she provided.

    Looks like you've been a good student and replicated these macarons perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you learnt it very well :)

    I'd love to have a chance to learn from the experts!

    ReplyDelete