Saturday, January 8, 2011
Happy New Year, everyone! Wish you all lots of luck and joy, great health and success! Hope you have had a great new year holiday with your loved ones, family and friends!
It took me a while getting back to blogging. After my family trip was over and they all left last week, I was spending time cleaning up the house, taking good rest, and settling back to my old life. While these three things were accomplished, I realized it was about time to make new year resolutions, something I hadn’t allocated my time for due to the trip. It was about time to plan for my life in 2011!
I was glad that my family members were all happy with the trip. We had time exploring the beautiful mountain resort at Phuchifah, the relaxing beach resort at HuaHin, engaged ourselves in the intensive shopping marathon - something of which Bangkok is well known for, and most of all indulged in Thai cuisine. And with T’s presence in the trip, my family had learnt more about Thai culture. Can’t wait to have another trip with them next year!
YELLOW PLUM SCONES SERVED WITH PASSIONFRUIT SAUCE
Makes 15 scones
1.Yellow Plum Scones
Prepare: 2 inch cookie cutter
- All purpose flour > 300 g
- Baking powder > 2 tsp
- Salt > ¼ tsp
- Lemon zest > 4 tsp
- Milk > 100 ml
- Whipping cream > 100 ml
- Dried yellow plum – cut into chunks > 100 g
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 225 C.
- Combine all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift into a big bowl.
- Add in lemon zest, milk, whipping cream, and plum chunks. Mix well into a dough.
- Dust table top with a bit of flour. Spread dough on it and roll into a sheet with thickness of 1 cm.
- Use cookie cutter, cut dough sheet into circles. Place these circles into the prepared baking tray.
- Bake at 225 C for 15 minutes.
2. Passionfruit Sauce
- Passionfruit juice > 125 ml
- Passionfruit flesh with seeds > 1.5 tbsp
- Granulated sugar > 3 tbsp
- Corn flour > 2 tsp
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir until corn flour is fully dissolved.
- Cook and stir continuously at medium heat until mixture is boiled and thickened.
- Pour into a bowl. Cover with cling film.
- Refrigerate until cool and serve with scones.
- Serve also with cut orange segments.