Monday, January 17, 2011
Who doesn't like to watch TV drama series? I for one have been forbidding myself from falling into the Korean TV series mania that hit the whole world like a storm. Say a few.... Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven, Coffee Prince? Any of these you haven't watched? I confess, I have watched none...
And I was just doing okay turning away from what everyone or anyone was talking about in the last few years. Our office maid is a Korean serie fanatics, she claimed she had watched and kept every single Korean series she could laid her hands on in this country. And feel free to talk to her about any actor or actress, old and new. She knows it all.
But to my surprise, I could never keep my eyes off of the US TV series. Some were exposed to me and got me glued to every minute and second of the storyline. Once I was a big fan of Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and The City". I had watched and rewatched the episodes a couple of times and started to write my sentence that went like "I can't stop but wonder ......". And then there were a few more provocative ones that entertained me shortly afterwards like "Six Feet Under", "The Ghost Whisperer" and "Lost". These three evently got me annoyed - don't know why, I just saw my interest diminish overtime until I found "Nip Tuck" and "Desperate Housewives".
The latest has become my all time favorite and funny enough I think the production could not catch up with my viewing speed so I ended up facing a lot of void for a certain period of time. And while waiting I got myself busy with replaying the old episodes or ..... opening myself to new options...
I stumbled into "Ugly Betty" a while ago and never really thought of getting into it until a closed friend told me she really liked it. My niece left our family trip this month with a message that I should catch "Glee". Wow, can I commit to that? While eventually came to meet face to face with "Ugly Betty" first episode, I had to admit - despite being a bit dull in the beginning - she grew into an interesting personality and soon enough she was adorable and had to exit Disc 6 of the first season. Oh man!
Do I miss Betty already like I miss all my family members that left after spending our wonderful time together in Thailand? Yes, I kind of do... so just have to catch the second season, shouldn't I ?. Meanwhile I have a few in my list: "The Traveler", "The Mentalist". "Brothers and Sisters" and "Dirty Sexy Money". Which one will drop and which one will sustain? Lets' see!
Do you have any favorite series too? Share your titles with me :-)
COCONUT VANILLA CUPCAKES
- Cake flour > 250 grams
- Salt > 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder > 6 grams
- Evaporated milk > 100 ml
- Coconut milk > 165 ml
- Salted butter – room temperature > 75 grams
- Granulated sugar > 270 grams
- Vanilla extract > 2 teaspoons
- Eggs > 3
- Whipping cream > 200 ml
- Desiccated coconut - to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine cake flour, salt and baking powder. Sift. Set aside.
- Mix evaporated milk and coconut milk together. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract with electric cake mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat thoroughly.
- Set to low speed, fold in sifted flour mixture and evaporated milk mixture, alternately a little bit at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into cupcake moulds, about 80% full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or whilst inserting toothpick into cupcake, it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed until soft peak.
- Fill into the piping bag and pipe on top of cupcakes as desired.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut. Top with goosebery.