Wednesday, December 8, 2010
We are stuck in the middle of the Kasert flyover bridge. A few cars in front of our van have decided to turn back instead of waiting for the traffic jam to loosen up. It is just depressing since we don’t really know what is going on up front, is there an accident? Apparently there is this big uncertainty before us. Are we supposed to wait in patience or turn back and find another better way? We don’t know!
In life it is pretty much like that. Sometimes we are stuck and don’t know what to do. This traffic episode was preceded earlier by a confusion over unresolved ending of the movie “A Serious Man”, a movie about Larry Gopnik, a physics professor who was caught in problematic life tornedo, didn’t know how to get out of it and decided to get advice from his rabbies only to find disappointment of what he expected to know. He just couldn't manage to make sense of all that were happening.
Life in his case was all about problems and uncertainties and no matter how hard he was trying to deny facing some of them, they always come back to haunt him. The movie was ended with another disaster episode of the professor’s life when his doctor called requesting an immediate meeting to talk about his overlooked chest x-ray results, meanwhile his son and the entire group of classmates most probably will be hit by the approaching massive tornado.
And just like that, the screen was filled with the rolling credits suggesting the movie has ended, again it is like telling the audience to grab another idea of life uncertainty, go figure!
Meanwhile I like to thank Renata of Testado Provado e Aprovado for the One Lovely Blog Award and Nale of Coolinarija for the Me Encanta Tu Blog Award!
HONEY PARFAIT ON GREEN APPLE JELLY
Makes about 4 wine glasses
- Apple flavoured gelatine dessert mix > 100g
- Boiling water > 1 cup
- Cold water > 1 cup
- Place gelatine dessert mix in a bowl. Pour in boiling water and stir until gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water and stir well.
- Pour equally into 4 wine glasses. Leave to cool. Refrigerate until firm.
2. Honey Parfait
- Honey > 90g
- Water > adequate amount to make honey runny
- Egg yolks > 4
- Whipping cream > 300ml
- Grand marnier > 1 tablespoon
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine honey and sufficient amount of water in a saucepan and bring to boil. If honey used is already runny, do not need to add water.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale. Add hot honey in gentle stream into egg yolks while continue beating.
- Mix in whipped cream and Grand marnier. Stir well.
- Pour parfait on top of refrigerated apple jelly. Chill overnight until firm.
- Garnish with green apple slice. Serve.