Wednesday, April 21, 2010
The passion to bake, cook, and shoot has kicked in soon I arrived in Bangkok. I have seen many things in Jakarta , rested and recharged my energy. It is funny how I and T missed Bangkok and our home so much , and whilst the end of holiday approached we couldn’t wait to reach home. A three-hour-and-fifteen-minute-flight felt like a long drag.
One good thing about this holiday is that we managed to escape the extreme heat in Bangkok for 10 days. The weather in Jakarta was great, nothing like the sizzling heat that causes headache everytime we get ourselves exposed to the sunlight. And now we are back in this “sauna room” and get to adapt ourselves to it again. Yesterday I had a headache since I dared myself to have lunch outside my office. I have learnt my lesson and decided to stay in for lunch today.
Well, despite the heat and all…… we are glad to be back. And I am so relieved to be able to blog again. For this Wednesday Special, I like to share Grapefruit and Orange Salad with you. I rarely made salad before, but now with T around, I am considering of doing it more often because I have the assurance that T will help me finish it since he is really into vegetables and salads.
GRAPEFRUIT AND ORANGE SALAD
- Large grapefruit > 1
- Orange > 2
- Steamed red kidney beans > 2 tablespoons
- Pistachio boar terrine or other ham – thinly slice and coarsely shred > 100 grams
- Baby salad leaves > a few
- Cilantro > a few stems
- Chopped roasted almond > 1 tablespoon
- Italian salad dressing > 2 tablespoons
- Peel grapefruit and remove pith. Slice horizontally.
- Peel oranges and remove pith. Cut into clean segments.
- Mix grapefruit and oranges with red kidney beans, ham, baby leaf greens, and sald dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped almond.