Thursday, February 11, 2010
Just right before everyone in this world is celebrating love in the honor of St. Valentine, some of us have taken a great step in actualizing love in a more extensive scope than just lovers, family and friends by reaching out to other mankind in other part of the world.
Lauren of Celiac Teen chose to be one of those assertive some who have initiated action in giving hand to Haiti. She has spent hours and hours of asking bloggers for recipes, designing e-book, finding her way to make it available for online sale, and ultimately donating the money to Haiti. Kudos to Lauren for this graceful effort!
Her e-book is now available for purchase and the money will proceed to the Red Cross. So for anyone who is interested in this charity work, do click on Haiti Ebook to read more about “A Hand for Haiti”. Feel free to make a further action of purchasing the book by clicking on Add To Cart button available on the page or else please spread the words by providing this link in your blog http://www.celiacteen.com/2010/02/haiti-ebook.html
I just passed a truly comforting 6-month period with T. What could be better than cooking the most favourite and loved make-blogger-feel-at-home food from Lauren’s ebook for a little celebration on our own?
At the same time, I am also submitting this post for Bake-a-Cake - A Valentine's Day Special conducted by Confessions of a Bake-a-holic! Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!
SPICED BANANA ALMOND CAKE
Makes two dome shaped cakes of size 4"x9.5"x2.5" or one 8.5" circular cake
- All purpose flour > 175 gram
- Baking soda > 1 teaspoon
- Salt > 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs > 3
- Mashed banana > 100 gram
- Vegetable oil > 110 gram
- Granulated sugar > 200 gram
- Ground cinnamon > 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cloves > 1/2 teaspoon
- Banana essence > 1.5 teaspoons
- Almond - chop into chunks > 50 gram
- Raisins - chop into chunks > 60 gram
- Pre-heat oven at 190C.
- Mix A together and whisk until the batter is even.
- Fold in B. Mix well.
- Pour into mould and bake at 190C for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking tin.
- Cool and keep in room temperature.
- Serve with strawberry slices and marmalade.