This week countless of lovely greeting cards would have been sent to the loved ones in the honor of St. Valentine, the patron saint of love and romance. Zillions stalks of roses and packs of chocolate candies were delivered for expressing care and compassion. Most people believed that on that special day, the true spirit of love shined through.
Some suggested that Valentine's Day was not only a celebration of romantic love, but of the friendly love of all mankind. Others commented that Valentine's Day was for commercial purposes - hotels' dining tables were fully booked, greeting cards and lovey-dovey goods were cleared from shelves, and people were in the mood of spending.
Well, for me it comes down to just this little drink - red, sweet, refreshing, and melodious! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Serves 2 persons
- Strawberries - halve > 177 grams
- Chinese pear - peel, halve, core, cut in segments, slice > 114 grams
- Water > 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes > 1 cup
- Granulated sugar > 3 tablespoons
- Kirsch > 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Mix them all in a blender and whiz till fine.
- Decorate with strawberry and pear slices.